Thursday, April 24, 2014

Things are ending quickly!!

Hey gang,
Just a couple reminders:

Chorus I, work on memorizing Dies Irae (and the other songs for that matter).

Chorale: Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I'm going to have to axe "Alleluia." If you're in Chorale next year, I would like to do it as part of my 10 year celebration, so don't give your hopes up yet (see the bottom of this post about information about next year). We need to focus on Les Misérables, Deaf Old Woman, and O Sifuni Mungu. It seems like there's something else, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Women's Chorus: I think America is the one furthest from being memorized, but Johnny's a Soldier needs some attention as well. Keep working Like an Eagle on your own. I don't plan on really touching it much between now and the concert.

Chamber: Keep practicing your Boomwhacker part (if a Boomwhacker is the instrument, what do you call someone who plays the Boomwhacker? Boomwhackerist? Boomwhackerer?). Also, work on memorization of In Rememberance and O Sifuni Mungu.

For O Sifuni, I have to audition people on Monday for the solos. If you want a solo, don't be absent and don't ask to do it on Tuesday. It's a do or die situation at this point...but don't die.

Lastly, for next year's roster, I plan on posting it before I leave tomorrow afternoon. I'll put the link on the blog. You can look at it over the weekend and cheer and/or cry before Monday.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment